Apply for a San Diego Caregiver Job at Olivenhain
If you’re looking for top caregiver jobs in San Diego County, you’re in the right place. Olivenhain Guest Home is hiring dedicated, caring and compassionate caregivers to assist our seniors.
Caregiver Job Summary
The Caregiver is responsible for the direct care of the residents, including maintaining a physically safe environment, personal services, and social care sufficient to meet the needs of residents.
Reports to: Med Tech, Resident Services Director, Administrator
- Accomplishes job duties in a timely, safe, and professional manner. All procedures require the complete knowledge and use of universal precautions
- Cooperatively responds in performing resident care tasks and works effectively with other employees
- Provides direct patient care to residents in activities of daily living, including toileting, dressing, personal hygiene, bathing and feeding
- Reports any noticeable changes in residents physical condition, attitude, reaction, appetite, etc. to supervisor on same day of observation; Completes all required documentation at the end of each shift
- Lifting, positioning, transferring, assisting with ambulation, etc.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for self, residents, and others
- Performs housekeeping and laundry tasks as assigned, including setup and cleanup of the dining rooms before/after meals; serves and assist residents during mealtimes
- Communicates professionally with residents, visitors, staff, and outside agencies such as hospice or home health
- Engages residents in physical, cognitive, and spiritual activities; Supports activities department as needed
- Attends classes, in-service training sessions, and completes online training as required
- Participates in fire drills and other safety and risk management activities
- Assists in emergency measures and emergency plans; assists in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
- Demonstrates a cooperative manner in meeting the special event needs of the facility
- May perform other duties as assigned by management Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to physically provide assistance with resident care
- Lift up to 60 lbs., push/pull up to 60 lbs.
- Constantly stand and walk. Frequent bending, crouching, lifting, pushing, pulling
- Must be physically able to handle, grasp and reach frequently throughout the workday.
Caregiver Job Qualifications
- FBI/DOJ Criminal Background Clearance
- Negative TB test within 6 months of hire date/Health Screen that demonstrates the ability to meet physical requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, and interpret basic instructions as well as respond to them, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able elicit information from residents and communicate effectively, verbal and nonverbal.
- Must be able to plan and implement one’s work schedule consistently.
- Must be to communicate effectively with coworkers, and maintain a professional and favorable image when communicating with families, physicians and other agency employees.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the needs of residents.
- Must be able to demonstrate a compassionate interest in meeting resident’s needs while providing physical and behavioral care to residents with dementia.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
Ready to Apply?
Please complete the form below and upload your resume. We’re looking forward to connecting with you!