Your loved one deserves the best. That’s why Olivenhain Guest Home is proud to bring San Diego County the best hospice and palliative care around. Learn about our services and see why we’re highly rated and uniquely qualified to bring your loved one the comfort and quality of life they need.
Palliative care and hospice care aren’t the same thing. Palliative care focuses on improving quality of life and comfort for anyone with serious illnesses, regardless of age or outlook. Hospice care begins after treatment of the illness is stopped, helping someone live as well as possible for as long as possible given the incurable nature of the illness.
At Olivenhain Guest Home, we pride ourselves on quality palliative and hospice care.
Our Graceful Living program provides quality palliative care to your loved one. Our specialized medical team focuses on managing symptoms, relieving pain, and improving quality of life regardless of the diagnosis. We also work with only the best hospice agencies to make sure your loved one is comfortable during this end of life transition. Our licensing agency has entrusted us with a 20 bed waiver due to our superior record with hospice care.
When your loved one reaches hospice care, there’s no need to move them to a separate room or special wing. They can age in place while maintaining quality of life and dignity. At our Encinitas guest home, we have spacious rooms for added equipment needs. Additionally, all needed specialized end of life equipment is provided through hospice. There is also a beautiful dining and activity room for those who need them.
We also offer daily rates for those near the end of their life if they would prefer to be comfortable in our home, surrounded by those who love them alongside our specially trained staff and experts.
Why Choose Olivenhain
Why else should you choose Olivenhain for palliative and hospice care in San Diego? Here are some things that set us apart:
- We’ve been leaders in memory care and assisted living since 1966.
- Our caregivers are supported by 24-Hour emergency services and staff trained to provide the highest quality care.
- Our staff is carefully screened and hired to serve residents with integrity, compassion, and dedication to their safety and comfort.
- Our staff also includes nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), and other medical and mental health professionals. The community physician is a highly-respected professional at our local hospital and is on call 24/7/365.
As for the Guest Home itself, there’s nothing like it in the area!
- The Olivenhain Guest Home is an enclosed, lushly-landscaped 15,000 square foot home with gated access that ensures low elopement risk.
- The building has been designed to meet and exceed ADA requirements: wide hallways, safety rails, shower chairs, no lips or gaps at doorways, and fall-prevention bathrooms.
- We offer a spacious, covered patio area that is perfect for relaxing, enjoying visitors, and fun events; plus private and semi-private rooms that can be decorated by the family or a professional decorator.
We invite you to visit our guest home to see if it’s right for your loved one. Contact us today to set up a tour. Let’s bring your loved one the quality palliative care and hospice care they need.